you're reading...
Australia, Food, Sydney

Craving A Gelato In Sydney

Having just a few weeks before we usher in the spring season (That is for us, Down Under!), Sean and I have been longing for a taste of a cold, luscious and sweet-tasting gelato from our favourite snack bar in one of the corners of George Street. Gelatissimo, an authentic Italian gelateria, is one of the best you can find in Sydney CBD. Its different flavours from their premium dairy range to sorbet range are exquisitely something you could ask for more (Even with this windy and freezing weather we’ve got here Down Under!).

The moment we stood on the counter of Gelatissimo, we cannot help but drool on those crazy colourful and yummy cold treats, to the point that it took us quite some time to choose our own flavoured artisan gelato. In the end, we went for scoops of Berry Pavlova and Choc-Mint, which we sheepishly consumed to its very last dew.

Gelatissimo will always be a favourite of ours especially after a hearty meal in the city. It is a simple pleasure that makes you crave for more!

About these ads

Discussion

17 thoughts on “Craving A Gelato In Sydney

1. Wow! I like some of those gelatos… Looks nice!

Posted by Pete | August 12, 2012, 4:25 PM
  2. Oh for a gelato in Sydney! The hell with the gelato, I’d just love to see Sydney.

Posted by restlessjo | August 14, 2012, 5:27 PM
  3. I think I’d want one scoop of each.

Posted by Margaret | August 18, 2012, 1:19 PM
  4. If you like gelato, have you tried Cow and Moon on Enmore Road, just past the Enmore Theatre (near Newtown)? They’ve won multiple awards and are the best gelato I’ve had outside Italy! We used to live across the street and could see people eating gelato from our window all day long.

Posted by Ashley Anne | August 20, 2012, 3:11 AM
  5. Umm…gelato! Gelato in Italy is best but this looks like a very, very, very close second!

Posted by YHA New Zealand | August 21, 2012, 9:00 AM
  6. nom nom!

Posted by Eco Dolar | August 25, 2012, 1:17 AM
  7. I tried gelato for the first time at the same place too! I’m addicted to the lychee flavoured one.
    – Jo

Posted by The Adventures of Twins | August 29, 2012, 3:05 PM
  8. Those pics make me want to go off my diet…of course, just about everything I see makes me want to go off my diet…but I did really like your pics :)

Lisa

Posted by sheslosingit101 | September 3, 2012, 4:16 PM
  9. I noticed that there are so many gelato bars in Sydney! I have to try some very soon after your photos!

Posted by mixingupblog | September 4, 2012, 4:00 PM